Tuesday, January 3, 2017

How do others know us? An Observation from a Mormon.

First, I have been remiss in posting on a regular basis, but as with everything, our lives do change.  So, let me wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

So, on to the posting...

Not to long ago, I invited my next door neighbor out to dinner, as I had no dinner plans and he was alone.  His wife and children were visiting her parents, and he was running out of the meals she had prepared for him.  So, my offer came at an opportune time for him.  And, he is a Mormon, which is the central point of this story. 

So, as we sat down for dinner, the conversation turned to our different faiths, as it usually does.  There is no "you are wrong about this" as my fundamentalist Christian neighbor down the block tells me about Catholic baptism, the Pope, etc. 


It is just a time to ask some questions, such as "How does one become a Mormon Bishop?" or "What is the difference between a Cardinal and Bishop in the Catholic Church?"  

During this dinner, over pizza, he made a comment that it seems the Catholic Church in the Washington DC area does a lot of advertising about Catholic Cemeteries. 

Is this what we are to be known for in the Archdiocese of Washington?

A point that I made on this blog a long time ago! 

No comments: