Friday, June 28, 2019

Archbishop Wilton Gregory Needs to Come Clean

In an interview with the Catholic Standard, Archbishop Wilton Gregory said the following:

Archbishop Gregory: “I was very, very fortunate. I was appointed a bishop as a very young man, probably by today’s standards too young. But one of the great graces that God gave me was my 10 years with Cardinal Joseph Bernardin who was the archbishop, who obviously had suggested to Pope John Paul II that appointing a young auxiliary would be something that he would both want and he would use effectively for the care of the people of the Archdiocese of Chicago, and (he) shaped and formed me. He gave me a great example of equilibrium, of the ability to identify with people. I have said this on more than one occasion, he never lost the common touch.For the first year and a half, I was one of his emcees, and I just marveled at how this man could enter into a parish and within five minutes he was talking to everybody, and people felt close to him. I marveled at his ability to reconcile sometimes very divergent opinions, and to model a level of charity and joy that remained with me (as) a great example.”

So, the question I pose to Bishop Gregory is:  

  • Did you know about Cardinal Bernadin's homosexual assaults and behavior?  
  • Did you know about the fact that an allegation was made against him in the early 1990s?  
  • If you did know, why did you not say anything?
In addition, there are questions about Msgr. Rossi that Archbishop Wilton needs to answer. 

If you get to see the Archbishop, maybe you can ask him the questions?

 

No comments: