Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Is it inappropriate to recommend a politician for office?

According to a recent survey*, 70% of those polled said that it was inappropriate for their local religious leader to "suggest" who you should vote for.

What does this mean?

I don't know the correct answer (I assume it is bullet #1) but I believe that it should be followed up by a more important question: Do documents such as the one issued by the USCCB make a difference in how you vote?

Now, I am not saying that the USCCB should not issue such documents. I believe they have a responsibility to do so. However, I just wonder how much influence do they really have on the person who sits in the pew every Sunday?

What do you think? Let me know.



*Fox 5-The Washington Times-Rasmussen Reports Survey taken from Nov. 14-15 of 1000 adults nationwide. Margin of error is 3% points.

No comments: