Sunday, June 28, 2015

The "Gay Marriage" Decision and the Reaction in the Archdiocese of Washington DC

The news of gay marriage came as I was attending to some private business, for which my focus needed to be on.  After that, I did not have much access to the internet (which at times is a blessing).

I read Cardinal Wuerl's statement, and like most of his statements, it is quite disappointing.  I really have not come to expect much from him.  He always looks to avoid any conflict and any sort of controversy.  I am so disappointed, that I will not even link to it. 

However, what did catch my attention were the comments on health benefits to those who work for the Archdiocese.  If you did not catch what he was saying, it was:  We will give health benefits to gay "spouses."   So, once again, he has capitulated.

However, Msgr. Pope's column title in the National Catholic Register really sums it up:  Things Are Going to Get Very Tough, Very Quickly for the Church and her Allies.  

You can read it here:  http://www.ncregister.com/blog/msgr-pope/things-are-going-to-get-very-tough-very-quickly-for-the-church-and-her-alli

+++++++

POPE FRANCIS, PLEASE STAY AT HOME IN ROME.  DO NOT COME TO THE U.S.!

No comments: