Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Deacon Project - Arch. of Washington (Part Two)

Yesterday, I wrote about how surprised I was at the fact that Catholic Deacons were commenting on TWITTER, criticizing priests who supported President Trump. And, let's not talk about what they said about +Vigano.

Having seen this over the last few months, I decided to take a little time and carry out what I like to call The Deacon Project.

The Deacon Project was my attempt, on a small and limited scale, to see how widespread this sort of criticism -- both mild and sharp -- not simply of the President but of what might be called "conservative" clergy and commentators.

So, how did I do this?  

Well, I searched TWITTER for all of the active Roman Catholic Deacons in the Archdiocese of Washington DC.  I did not look at retired Deacons.

In addition, I did not do some sort of in depth, deep dive search.  I search a couple of different ways and think I found most of them.

So what did I find.

First, almost all active Roman Catholic Deacons in the Archdiocese of Washington do not have a Twitter account.

Second, a few (very few) Roman Catholic Deacons in the Archdiocese of Washington have accounts but they don't seem to be active.

Third, there are one or two who have active accounts.  

The Deacon Project - Arch. of Washington will take a look at these Deacons.

No comments: