Saturday, January 2, 2021

Cardinal Gregory Needs Your Financial Support and I find it baffling and reprehensible...

 

Well, as we come to the end of the year, Cardinal Gregory has issues a plea for financial help.   

So, I say to +Gregory:

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you are once again asking for our support, when you state that you are willing to dialogue with Biden, but refused to do so with President Trump.  

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you and your team lied to everyone about knowing that President Trump would visit the JPII Shrine and laid the blame on the Knights of Columbus.  

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you are willing to overlook Biden's very public and well known stance on abortion, but refuse to deny him Communion.

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you are willing to look the other way, for those who are in a same-sex marriage, employed by the Archdiocese. 

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you remained silent for many months, while our churches were shut down.  The only time you spoke up was when it became apparent, that you would not have large Christmas attendance, which is the largest donation day in the diocese. 

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you did not quarantine yourself when you returned to the US from Rome, but had no problem quarantining yourself when you went to Rome.  

I find it baffling & reprehensible that you have the nerve to come and ask for support, after all of these things -- and these are the things which we know of.  

 So, I say to you and to everyone else: If you choose to donate, ensure that it stays in your parish.  When you donate, specifically state that it must stay in the parish or designate it for a specific use.  For example, pay for the sacramental wine, pay for the hosts, pay the electric bill.   In this manner, the Archdiocese cannot get their hands on it.   

No comments: