Well, once again, I do a quick review to let you know what you can look forward to in this week's issue of the Catholic Standard.
- Three are still no photos, and as far as I can tell, no mention of Cardinal Wuerl. Let's see how long that will last.
- We see a couple of stories on the March for Life.
- According to the page 5 story, the Annual Appeal exceeded 99% of the goal. Now, what is most interesting, is that 34,000 donors provided $14million in funds. More about this in another blog posting.
- The Maryland Catholic Conference will be pushing for the regular stuff. However, I note that they are not publicly advocating for illegal aliens, as in the past. Could it be because of the blow back in previous years?
- Catholic Schools Week. I am always supporting of Catholic Schools Week. However, in the list of noted Catholic School graduates, they list Muriel Bowser, the Democrat party (not Democratic) Mayor of DC. It should be noted that she is a big pro-abortion and gay rights supporter. Epic Fail on that one, Catholic Standard.
- Article on USCCB Education Secretary. Didn't know we had one.
- Congrats to the St. Mary's (Landover Hills) for winning the Maryland Cyber Robotics Coding Competition.
- World Youth Day has a couple of articles and a cover photo.
- Obit on Rev. Charles Currie by Catholic News Service. When you quote Rep. Nancy Pelosi, you know that this is one of those priests that have led the church down the wrong path.