Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Follow-up on two stories...

This week's edition of the Catholic Standard contained an article on the prayer service hosted by the Environment Committee of the Archdiocese of Washington.

This seems to be a committee in search of meaning. Maybe it is time to end the search and end the foolishness. But I digress.

A while back, I wrote about this service and what I found most troubling. Of the three things that were the focus of the service, the Catholic Standard article did not mention one of them. Yep, they did not talk about "repentance." I wonder why? I would love to hear from anyone on the Committee or the the Archdiocese on why that one was not mentioned.

Last week, I wrote about the Catholic Network of Volunteer Service who will have Chris "I get a thrill up my leg" Matthews as the guest speaker. I had one person contact me that he/she has written them (respectfully, he/she added) but has not heard back. I guess if you don't respond, then the embarrassment might go away.

Oh, and our colleagues at Restore DC Catholicism showed that there was an advertisement for this event in the Catholic Standard. I think that someone in the Advertising Department might have some 'splainin' to do.

No comments: