Monday, August 27, 2012

Saturday Evening at Chick-fil-A

So, Saturday night I decide to go to see 2016 at the theaters in downtown Silver Spring.

I parked in the public parking lot and as I am walking by Chick-fil-A, there are a group of about ten protestors.  Most looked like they were either high school seniors or freshmen in college, holding up some undecipherable signs but you know they were pro-gay.  There was a guy in a Guy Fawkes mask and Grim Reaper cloak and hood, and an older woman (probably in her 60's with an Obama sticker on her sign. They were quiet but lined the sidewalk.

When I saw them, I decided that something was to be done.  I walked by them and went in to Chick-fil-A and purchased six cookies.  To be honest, I wasn't hungry but I wasn't going to let them intimidate anyone.

I purchased the cookies and walked out of the store, only to be told by the Guy Fawkes character "Thank you for supporting hate."   

So, being the smart ass that I sometimes can be, I offered each of the protesters a cookie as I passed them.  "Would you like a cookie?," I asked.

I then realized that they wouldn't let me in the movies with them, so, I took one out and took a bite.  It was actually pretty good.

So, as I walked by them, I once again offered them a cookie, letting them know that they were pretty good and they are missing out.

I will not be intimidated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! We can't let these hate-mongers control our rights as Americans to stand up and condemn those who embrace sinful lifestyles. Our forefathers didn't stage a revolution so that we woiuld be "free" to engage in sodomy.