Monday, March 3, 2008

Two Responses to Nancy Pelosi

Speaker of the House Nany Pelosi (D-CA) was invited to attend Mass at Trinity College in Washington DC in Janary 2008. There was very little coverage of it (if I remember correctly) in The Catholic Standard and little to be heard from by Archibishop Wuerl.

Shortly after the event, Archbishop Wuerl was intereviewed by a reporter from the California Catholic Daily, while attending a Community and Liberation conference. When asked about this, he repeated his statement that this was a matter for the university, he would not make any statement nor ask priests or deacons to refuse her communition. You can read it
here for yourself.

Now, I direct you to one Fr. John Malloy, former pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul in San Francisco and his "
Open Letter to Nancy Pelosi." (Since I do not have permission to publish it, I can only direct you to it.)

I don't think I need to say more other than: Thank God for Fr. Malloy, SDB.

No comments: