- Indirectly supporting abortion?
- Promoting the homosexual lifestyle, including legalization of homosexual marriage?
- Working against vouchers and tax credits for Catholic schools?
- Indirectly supporting the ordination of women?
The folks over at Restore DC Catholicism have posted some information (see National News) on their website about an organization called FAITH IN PUBLIC LIFE, which the Maryland Catholic Conference (MCC) is a member.
I came across the website a few months ago, but did not blog on it, since there were more pressing issues. However, having taken a look at the website, I believe that the MCC has gotten in bed with some of the more radical Christian groups, as well as, allying itself with the Democratic Party.
Look at who is on the board of this organization:
- Sr. Catherine Pinkerton, the same sister (sorry, can’t call her a “nun”) who gave a benediction at the Democratic Convention last week. (Note that she was invited but not the bishop!) There have been a number of very critical blogs about her, esp. her role in the ordination of women and her affiliation with NETWORK.
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, former Lt. Gov. of Maryland, and pro-abortion, pro-homosexual supporter.
- Alexia Kelley, founder of Catholics for the Alliance of the Common Good.
However, this is just a natural outcome of their movement to the left, which started with Richard Dowling and Julie Varner. (I have written about this before.)
I am calling upon the MCC to disassociate themselves from this group. Contact them and let them know that you want them to de-link themselves from this group.
I am also calling upon Archbishop Wuerl to do what should have been done a long time ago: FIRE Julie Varner and all of those who are involved in linking the MCC with this group.