Friday, November 4, 2011

The Latin Mass at Old St. John the Evangelist

I finally got myself together and attended The Latin Mass at Old St. John's on Rosensteel Ave. in Silver Spring.

This was the third time I have done it and am really going to make an effort to attend a couple more times, to ensure that I understand.

This is longer than my normal parish Mass by about 20 to 30 minutes.


For those who do not attend, it is different.

In one manner, I must say that the people who do attend, dress up for church. Now, I am not here to chastise those who are coming from or going to work. I have been there and done that. Nor am I criticizing those who cannot affort to dress up a bit due to income. But is is nice to see everyone looking a bit more dressed up than the sneaker and jeans crowd at my local parish.

The choir was very good. Nice job.

Msgr. Richard Hughes was having a bit of a difficult time hearing, so he sometimes sang when he shouldn't have. But there was no harm done. I thank him for saying the Mass. I should have hung around to thank him and kiss his hands. He gave a nice, simple homily.

This time, I understood a bit more this time than the last two times. However, I had a hard time focusing due to work related issues. I keep praying that God will help me through this difficult time.

No comments: