Sunday, November 27, 2011

The New Translation

So this morning, like many of you, I went to Mass at my regular parish -- not the Latin Mass -- for a couple of different reasons. One of the reasons, as you suspect, was to see what was going to take place due to the new translations.

I noticed almost everyone (and I had a good vantage point looking over a good part of the congregation) had either a card with the changes, or were using the new Missalette.

On some parts, everyone was on cue. Others, even myself, at times were off. Even the celebrant had a bit of a hard time at moments.

But that is okay. It will take a while for everyone to get use to the changes.

How did everything go at your parish? Would love to hear from you.

+++++++++++

PS: There was a consultation at St. Michael's in Silver Spring a few weeks ago. (Thank you, you know who.) Have not heard anything on it. Anyone have any info?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My experience was the same. I think it is a mistake. The new translation is confusing at best. "Consubstantial?" I looked it up in the dictionary. It means made of the same substance. I didn't think God was made of any substance. I think "one in being" is a more accurate description of my theoligical understanding.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I don't think this makes the mass more welcoming when no one understands it.