Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Trinity College - Giving to their Endowment (NOT)

Yesterday, I received a letter from Trinity College asking for a donation for their Endowment Fund. In the past, I had given due to personal appeal from a good friend who worked there. At that time, they reminded everyone that they were a "Catholic" instiutition. However, when he left, I decided to stop giving and I am glad I did.

Over the last few years, the word "Catholic" and the following of the teachings of the Church seem to have been forgotten.

We all know about Nancy Pelosi's visit to Trinity. In fact, we probably know more about it because of what the Archbishop did not do, than what they did.

We also know that Trinity has Gay Pride Club. Now, that is okay for a secular college or university but to have one at a college that claims to be Catholic. Nope, not at all.

So, when I received it, I looked at it, and immediately tossed it in the trash.

If you get one, you should trash it too.

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote of the Month:

"I've got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old, I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. So it doesn't make sense to not give them information." Barack Obama

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Trinity alumna I can say that things have not been right at Trinity since the 60s. I graduated in 1968. While I was there I was fully grounded in situation ethics and moral relativism. I remember a standing-room only "retreat" by Fr. James Kavanagh who wrote the book, A Modern Priest Looks at his Outdated Church. Well, Father left; the Church still stands. He married and didn't keep those vows either. How many did he scandalize at Trinity with the help of the nuns. (Sr. Margaret Claydon was the president at the time.)
Anyone who wants a Catholic education would be smart to skip over Trinity.

A WASHINGTONDC CATHOLIC said...

Well said!

Anonymous said...

I too am a Trinity alumna and I am appalled at what Trinity has become. The buildings are run down and there seems to be more band-aids than permanent repairs. The student body has significantly changed. I was told the president changed her mission to focus on DC students that would not have a chance to attend college. I agree. However, a large majority of these students enter Trinity on academic probation. There is no longer an emphasis on high academic standards, community service, or the Catholic Church. It is now a place that accepts anyone on a rolling basis. I am ashamed to have attended this college.