Friday, November 5, 2010

Cardinal-elect Wuerl and Mayor Gray

Yesterday, I sent the following note to Susan Gibbs, Director of Communications of the Archdiocese of Washington:

Recently, Mr. Vincent Gray was elected the Mayor of Washington DC.

Mayor-elect Gray has identified himself as a Catholic. Since Mr. Gray is a member of the Archdiocese of Washington will the Cardinal-elect be meeting with him to discuss his pro-abortion and pro-gay rights positions in light of Catholic teaching?

In addition, will the Cardinal-elect inform him that he should not receive Holy Communion because of his beliefs are in total opposition to the Church's teaching?

I look forward to hearing from you and will share your response with my readership.

Regards.

AWashingtonDCCatholic

Her response:

I'm sorry, but we are unable to respond to anonymous questions. By the way, you misspelled the new mayor's name.

Thank you.

Susan Gibbs

Archdiocese of Washington

So folks, other than my misspelling of the name of the new mayor, I guess we have our answer. Maybe someone in my reading audience would like to send this note to Ms. Gibbs and see if they will get a different answer? You can write to her at: gibbss@adw.org

+++++++++++++++++

Boycott the CCHD Collection later this month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regardless of the issue, if you send an anonymous question, I am sure you would get the same response.

Given the position of the archbishop on these issues in the past, I believe you already have an answer. The real question, why did the Catholics of Washington knowing Mayor-elect Grey's position vote for him? Now that he will soon be in office, what are they going to do to change his agenda?