Thursday, September 24, 2009

Some Odds and Ends

I did not get a chance to give you my weekly update of the Catholic Standard. This past weekend was beautiful and I decided to enjoy the outdoors. So, I have been a little remiss on my postings.

There are many good stories in the Catholic Standard but I guess there was not enough space for any mention of how the Archbishop honored John Sweeney. You know, the former head of the AFL-CIO who has spent millions upon millions of dollars electing pro-abortion, pro-gay politicians.

However, there are a number of things which we need to update.

First, Bob Stewart is no longer heading up VOTF at Holy Trinity. That honor goes to Jim Listori. Oh, and did you miss the monthly meeting on Sept. 16th. I know I did.

If you missed the VOTF meeting at Holy Trinity in September, no need to worry. You can catch the dissenters at St. Rose of Lima on October 1st.

Our friends over at Restore DC Catholocism have a new blog. The link on the side has been updated. I look forward to the postings.

Fr. Greg, who was stationed at St. Andrew's in Silver Spring, is now the Chaplain at the George Washington University Newman Center. I enjoy his blog postings and have updated the link to his new blog site. Keep up the good work.

Finally, I have added Domine, da mihi hanc aquam! to our blog roll. Fr. Phillip Neri Powell, O.P. has an excellent blog. In fact, I highlighted his story about his experience with the Occult before he became a priest.

No comments: