Sunday, November 13, 2011

Is Rome About to Call?

Over a year ago, I posted a something wondering when Cardinal Wuerl would be made a cardinal. A little over a month later, he recieved his red hat.

He has been put in charge of handling the transition of Anglicans into the Roman Catholic Church.

Now he has been tapped to be the Relator-General of the 2012 World Synod of Bishops meeting on the New Evangelization.

In Sept. of last year, my buddy Melvin believed that in a little over a year, he would be called to Rome. I agreed with that.

Recently, Rocco over at Whispers in the Loggia has hinted about this. He has the inside scoop.

My timing might be off, but I believe he will wind up in Rome before the end of 2012.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Dymphna said...

Interesting. I wouldn't miss him but I wonder who'd the diocese would end up with instead.