Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Note on the Passing of Msgr. Awalt

I received this in my email box regarding Msgr. Awalt. I thought that I would share it with each of you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am deeply sorry to hear that Msgr William J Awalt has passed away. He was the Pastor at St. Ann Church at Tenly Town, Washington DC during the years 1981 - 1987 during which time I was in residence in the rectory and he looked after me with such dedication and care. He was a great teacher from whom I learnt alot. He had a great heart for the missions. He not only gave me free residence even after I returned he used to send me a collection of donations from St. Ann Parish for my work here in Sri Lanka. May he Rest in Peace.

Msgr Emmanuel Fernando
Auxiliary Bishop Elect
Archdiocese of Colommbo Sri Lanka
(emmafdo@bell.net)

No comments: