Wednesday, January 6, 2021

CRISIS Magazine Editorial - Spot On

 For the last seven, eight, or maybe even nine years, I have asked the question of certain individuals:

Are we first and foremost a Church, with a social agency arm or are we a Social Agency that has a "side hustle" to be a Church? 

 My answer has been that we have been moving more and more into becoming a social agency.

No where was that more apparent to me, than the 2019 USCCB meeting, at which I learned that the Church is the landlord for over 30,000 apartments, and spends $$$ on Clinic Legal, to defend both legal and illegal aliens.

Today, I read the editorial, by the new editor, of CRISIS Magazine, and he asks this question, in a much nicer and more educated way than I do.

If you have the opportunity, it is a quick read.  

No comments: