Saturday, March 15, 2008

Help Stop Maryland Senate SB 566

SB 566 equates unmarried couples with married couples

The full Senate is expected to vote no later than Monday, on on a bill that would equate unmarried couples, both same-sex and heterosexual, with married couples and undermine the current legal status of marriage.

Contact your State Senator and ask him/her to oppose SB 566.

Unfortunately, this is what Catholics get when they vote for pro-homosexual senators such as Sen. Richard Madaleno.

This is what the Maryland Catholic Conference (MCC) gets when they cozy up to a senator like him.

You get a slow erosion of basic moral values.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I swear Catholicism was about caring for others....what happened to that value now?

sunshine215 said...

Your post is misleading. SB 566 is about Health Care Facility Visitation and Medical Decisions. Though you are agains same sex relations, people are still human and will need care when they are sick. My partner was rushed to the hospital in the past and when I got there the hospital staff would not let me in to check on her or give me any medical information. I called her parents in a panic and they rushed there to meet me. Well, needless to say, She had a broken arm and I got them all upset for nothing. Her parents even said, "Why did you not go back and see her then call us?" I had to explain that the staff would not let me back there.

I am a current nursing studient and I know how important it is for someone you love and trust to make medical decisions for you. Expecially if you family is not avail. Also, parents that think like you do, may not have anything to do with their homosexual children. This is more the reason why the partner should have the right to carry out the patients wishes.