Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Archbishop Wuerl, Notre Dame and some odds and ends

Well folks, last week was a busy week for me and although I did have some time to write more, I thought that the postings on Policy for 2009 was important for me to keep as the front and center story.

Question: Did anyone who wrote to the Archdiocese get a response? Please let me know if you did.

If you want to see the whole document, please go to Restore DC Catholicism and then Current Announcements.


Archbishop Wuerl and Notre Dame


Well folks, I was fooled. I did not think that Archbishop Wuerl would come out against the visit of the Most Merciful, Lord High Barack Obama and his visit to Notre Dame. I will have to admit, I was wrong about him. Here is his statement:

When asked about the Notre Dame event, which has spurred a small but intense movement of angry Catholics, Wuerl said the school should not have honored Obama but that he was not in favor of rescinding the invite. (Newseek)


(Note: A couple of hundred thousand, plus 70 bishops are not a small movement but who's counting.)

Do I need to say more?

Archbishop Wuerl and Refusal of Communion

This is a topic, I have written about (and so have hundreds of others) regarding his refusal to deny Holy Communion to pro-abortion politicians. Well, Ed Peters (Cannon Lawyer), goes into some detail on this and really shows that the Archbishop's arguements do not hold water. (H/T to Fr. Z's blog.)


Archbishop Wuerl and VOTF

For over a year, I have been asking, pleading and almost begging that the Archbishop put his foot down on Voice of the Faithful -- a dissident group -- about meeting on Church property. In fact, regarding any dissent groups.

Well, you dissenters don't you fret now, because if you missed the meeting on May 7th at St. Rose of Lima in Gaithersburg, you can still catch it at Holy Trinity on May 12th.




Thank you.

Finally, I would like to thank all of my readers. This site hit the 20,000 plus mark.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Although I appreciate your devotion to your faith, I think that you have an unhealthy focus on legalism and hierarchical enforcement. All of us are on spiritual journeys, at various places on the path, hopefully to God. With the immense diversity that our Creator displays in humanity, it is reasonable that there be more diversity than that with which you appear to be comfortable, in matters of the Catholic Church.