Sunday, January 8, 2017

Are we seeing the start of a Schism?

Over the last six to eight months, I have become more and more concerned with the path Pope Francis is taking.  Although every once in a while, he surprises me on how he takes a very conservative stand on a particular issue, most of the time the surprise is to simply leave me shaking my head in disbelief.

Recently, I have started to see a series of articles which show that Pope Francis does not want to set clear the record on amoris laetitia, and is lashing out at his critics.  In addition, I am seeing more and more articles, quoting his supporters, trashing those who may ask for clarification or simply stating that we are changing long held beliefs and practices and the Pontiff approves of them.

Is it me, or am I starting to see the start of a schism? 

2 comments:

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

I think the schism has been underway for some time in a "de facto" sense, but now may occur in a "de jure" sense. Pope Francis can stop it by clarifying that quagmire known as Amoris Laetitia. Will he?

Edison Frisbee said...

You are merely seeing the formal schism beginning to take shape....it began at Vatican II with the advent of the "Novus Ordo" religion.