Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Stamps

Each year, in early December, I head over to the US Post Office (USPS) to pick up Christmas stamps. Mind you, I do not pick up the regular Christmas stamps, I pick up the religous ones -- the Madonna and Child. Now, I don't just pick up 50 or 60, just enough for the Christmas cards, I pick up about 300 or so.

Yes, I did say 300 or so.

I do so for two reasons. First, the USPS is a business (okay, maybe most of us do not think of it in that manner). The more of a particular type of product they sell, it may help to guarantee it will continue to be produced.

Second, it sends two messages. The first message is that Christ is the reason for the season. The second is that Christ is the reason all year round. When you put a Christmas stamp on a letter in May or June, it is just another reminder of that second message.

So, the next time you go to the Post Office, pick up a couple of extra Christmas (Madonna and Child ones) stamps.

Now, for a little Christmas stamp humor (again, one of those emails that I have received about 4 times already):



A blonde went into the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.

She asked the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?"

The clerk said, "What denomination?"

The blonde says, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me six Catholic, twelve Presbyterian, ten Lutheran and twenty-two Baptist!"

No comments: