Monday, December 17, 2007

MCC Legislative Activity for Non-Public Schools - Part III

As in the last two postings, I have been discussing my take on the MCC Legislative Activity for Non-Public Schools. So, let me continue my take on our Delegates.

Rep. Ana Sol Gutierrez has never attended one of the Non-Public School Meetings. To me, she seems to care more about illegal aliens (not "undocumented immigrants" which is the PC version used by the Maryland Catholic Conference) than about citizens. She is looking for that illegal alien vote in Mont. County and that is not too difficult to get with the ways the election laws are structured and their enforcement. If I am correct, has never supported any of these pieces of legislation. (However, if I am wrong, please let me know and I will set the record straight.) Do you really think she is going to start now?

Rep. Jeff Waldreicher is new to the delegation. During the primaries, I received a piece of campaign literature from him at the local metro stop. (For those who don't know, Metro is like the NYC Subway, only on a much smaller but more expensive scale.) It stated that he intended to keep abortion safe for all women and called all of those on the Pro-Life side, "radical extremists". In addition, he is the Chair of NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland. Do you really think he is going to give tax breaks to Catholic schools in Maryland?


More in Part IV

No comments: