Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Rot Within.

A few weeks ago, I posted a blog about the Montgomery County Transgender Bill. For a couple of days I kept asking, "Where was the Church? Why haven't they opposed this?"

Nothing was publicized by the Maryland Catholic Conference.

There was nothing in the Catholic Standard (the "official" newspaper of the Archdiocese of Washington).

There was no statement by the Archbishop.

There was no statement in my parish bulletin.

Nothing, Nada, Zip.

When I asked a good friend of mine about this, he said, "The reason they are saying nothing is because they are hiding them." I thought about this, but said nothing.

A few days later, I was talking to another friend, someone who would know about such things. When I asked him about this he said: "They (the bishops, the Catholic press, etc.) have not said anything because they are scared that if they come out against this, there will be priests who are outed because they either do it or have relations with those who do."

When will Archbishop Wuerl come clean on this matter? When will Bishop Laverde (Arlington) come clean? When will Cardinals Egan (NY) and Mahoney (LA) come clean? When will they all come clean?

This, my friends, is the rot from within. There are a number of priests who are active homosexuals.

When will they get rid of the rot within?

No comments: