Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Assist Project

 

Having been on TWITTER for a while, one of the accounts I stumbled across was one called the Assisi Project (@Assisi_Project).

As you know, I don't normally post about things outside of the Archdiocese of Washington, but because I was on TWITTER, I came across their postings.

According to their website:


 

 As you can see they are a "non-profit, tax exempt charitable organization."   

Now you would think that they would publish items about St. Francis, the Franciscans, the Gospel, etc.  And they do.  

However, they also seem to be left of center, and can't seem to help posting about politics.  

What interested me about this group was that they did not like the fact that I challenged them on a couple of items, and I was therefore blocked.

Which leads me to the question:  Should I write to the IRS asking that their tax exempt status be pulled?"

 






No comments: